Market Research Analyst
- Collect data on consumers, competitors and market place and consolidate information into actionable items, reports and presentations
- Understand business objectives and design surveys to discover prospective customers’ preferences
- Compile and analyze statistical data using modern and traditional methods to collect it
- Perform valid and reliable market research SWOT analysis
- Interpret data, formulate reports and make recommendations
- Use online market research and catalogue findings to databases
- Provide competitive analysis on various companies’ market offerings, identify market trends, pricing/business models, sales and methods of operation
- Evaluate program methodology and key data to ensure that data on the releases are accurate and the angle of the release is correct
- Remain fully informed on market trends, other parties researches and implement best practices
- Proven market research analysis experience
- Ability to interpret large amounts of data and to multi-task
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Excellent knowledge of statistical packages (SPSS, SAS or similar), databases and MS Office
- Search engines, web analytics and business research tools acumen
- Familiarity with CRM programs
- Adequate knowledge of data collection methods (polls, focus groups, surveys etc)
- Working knowledge of data warehousing, modelling and mining
- Strong analytical and critical thinking
- BS degree in Statistics, Marketing or related field
The fBSA typically (but is not limited to) performs the following:
- Face off to the business, constantly negotiating scope and resolving conflicting priorities.
- Translates requirements into meaningful stories that the scrum team(s) can deliver against.
- Work with developers, user experience designers, subject matter experts, legal and compliance teams to obtain a well-rounded understanding of what is being asked for and our ability to deliver it within the constraints of our banking environment.
- Assesses potential impacts and changes to our core UIs, middleware services and frameworks.
- Maintain a living evergreen repository so that we always have an understanding of our current state.
- Juggle multiple projects and initiatives at any given time, all with aggressive delivery expectations.
- Bachelor’s Degree within a technical field.
- Proven strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Have played a Lead role in a large program.
- 7 years of hands-on experience as a Business Systems Analyst, Systems Analyst, Technical Analyst or a related discipline with an emphasis on delivering cutting edge technology within finance.
- Superior verbal and written communication and negotiation skills with the ability to forge lasting relationships at all levels of seniority.
- Experience of working with Agile Development teams.
- SOAP, XML, JSON and other similar web service protocols/technologies.
Preferred Knowledge and Experience
- Retail/Consumer banking and investment products.
- Web service and database technologies.
- Appreciation of responsive web design.
- Appreciation of web service design.
- Behavioral Driven Development (BDD).
- Experience of working with JIRA.
- Experience of working with Requirements gathering tools, like Blueprint.